View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcartes View Post
Hi All,

I've just joined the list as I'm thinking seriously about buying a Sony PRS-505, and am a definite beginner.

What I was wondering was, whether it would read satisfactorily material from Project Gutenberg, which is mostly in HTML format. Do I need to convert it, or would it load up in decent layout without my having to process it?

Hope someone can help,

Richard
Hi Richard,
Yes you will have to convert the HTML. If you use a tool like BookCreator then you do not have to do any conversion.

Just open the tool by double clicking on the template.
When MS Word opens up.
Click "Import File..." toolbar and enter the URL to the Project Gutenberg HTML and it will import the document into word.

From there you save the word document. Then copy the document to your PRS-505 device.

If you have calibre, BookCreator can create LRF and ePUB and directly store them in your PRS-505.

I download quite a lot from Project Gutenberg, I'm fussy about my formats so I typically spend about 1-5min per book to make sure the layout is pleasant.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote