Thread: V3 vs PRS505
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The metallic buttons on the right side of the Hanlin (labeled + and -) are for volume control under the standard firmware. Under OpenInkPot they are for font size. ...
You're right - I was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
EDIT: These two have the longest battery lives of any reading devices (both last several weeks), so you made the right choice based on this criteria. I never turn my Hanlin (EZ Reader) off, and almost never explicitly charge it because connecting to a laptop to copy files over is enough to keep it charged.
I would say that the HanLin is noticeably better than the Sony (which is not bad either) - but the HanLin has very impressive battery life.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote