Thread: Content Folders! WE NEED FOLDERS!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
No, I don't see any problem whatsoever.
I'm just curious about how many books you have and whether you reread previous books much?

There are two problems with a lack of folders.
1) If I need to get to page 43 of my book list it is a hassle. I do find it easier with K2 than with my previous cybook because it is much faster, but it is still a hassle.
2) I have a lot of books by the same author and within that author are a lot of books in different series. It would be nice to have a way to group series together. Of course, even better than folders for this purpose would be the reading lists that are in mobipocket.

Someone earlier asked about the difficulty of using folders for the non-tech audience. I don't see it. If folders are present you don't have to use folders, but if you need them they are there.

It doesn't seem that they would be that hard to provide. The K2 already recognizes books in subfolders below the document folder. You can already put things in different folders (Audible, books) and choose which folder to display. It would seem simple to expand the items list with a wider list of items.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote