View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #22
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, your over-exposure to Windows is showing.

Linux uses ELF libraries, and ELF libraries can be wherever the dynamic loader is told to look for them.
No, what is showing is the fact I turned to be a system operator rather than a programmer. Nowadays I couldn't code a timer on windows cli...

Anyway, I didn't mean it wasn't technically possible (btw isn't like that with Windows too? Never programmed low level stuff in Win): I just meant it in the "neat stuff way of doing things" sense: if it's something low-level, keep it where the user does not have access / protected areas, and this more or less also applies to *nix afaik...
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote