View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
totsubo
totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How to use 'format' in <idx:orth> tags for dictionaries?

I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out how to use the change/format what the Kindle displays in the index of a dictionary.

This is what I would like to achieve: for a given headword, when searching in the index, display 'headword [phonetic reading]'.

Code:
<idx:entry name="word" scriptable="yes">
<h3>頭</h3>
<idx:orth format="orth 【あたま】">頭</idx:orth>; <idx:orth>首 【あたま】</idx:orth>
【あたま; かしら; かぶり; こうべ; ず; つむり; つぶり; つむ; かぶ】
<br />
(noun) (1) head; (2) mind; brain; intellect; (3) top; (4) hair (on one's head); (5) bangs; fringe; (6) top structural component of a kanji
<br />
</idx:entry>
<hr />
<br />
The format doesn't seem to be used at all. All I get displayed in the index is the value between the <idxrth> tags.

I've read the mobi documentation at http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...e=indexing.htm have tried using single quotes and idx:string but nothing seems to work.

Any help or suggestions is greealty appreciated!
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote