View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #254
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Dream on. Even many encryption systems are broken now, so the idea that you can have an unbreakable social drm is a pipe dream.
That's why I never said that. I wrote "My basic assumption is that it is possible to devise systems for embedding identification information in a file that make removing such information a bit of a hassle."

Quote:
Wouldn't it be funny, though, if everyone inserted YOUR name as the identification in the bypassed social drm, and uploaded it in mass to the pirate sites. I'm sure we could "eventually" get you out of jail, well, we probably could. Maybe. If the stars were aligned just right, etc.
Wouldn't it be funny if you read my proposal before commenting on it? What you write here is not possible.

Quote:
Instead of focusing on drm, why not focus on making ebooks more available, gosh even libraries for heaven's sake!! Get rid of the geo problems. Make lending possible to my friends. Make pricing reasonable. Kinda like Itunes music.
Lending is prevented by DRM. Pricing of ebooks is high also because vendors, thanks to the "walled gardens" created by DRM, hold most consumers captive of their ebook distribution platforms.
DRM is a key issue.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote