Thread: Glo Bright Pixel(s)
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #33
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I bought a Kobo Glo yesterday at Future Shop (Canada). It had a bright pixel in the lower left (and, yes, I'd removed the protective shipping film). I took it back and exchange it for another unit; this new one doesn't have the problem.

My guess: there's a non-glare coating on the screen that actually also dims the light; it's also the coating that gives the papery feel to the screen (a very different textue than what the screen has on the Touch). Pinprick defects in that coating -- possibly caused by dust when the coating was sprayed on, leaving a tiny spot with no coating -- allow the light to shine through at full intensity. It IS a real problem, it IS noticeable, and I'm glad I took mine back and got a replacement.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Kobo Glo.

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 10-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote