View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #71
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Sony does not attempt to make things incompatible.
They do. As much as possible, as often as possible.

Last time I was buying VCR, I specifically purchased Philips over Sony. With remote control from Sony VCR you can only control volume of Sony TV. With Philips remote you can control volume on hundreds of types of TV, including very obscure brand that I own.

Just remember Sony Memory Stick, that was created specifically so that you would have to buy Sony memory stick for Sony devices, instead of generic (and, at the time, MUCH cheaper) SD card.

Just remember Sony Reader PRS-500 that didn't work like UMASS device - so you HAD to use special Sony software to load books. Very crappy software IMHO.

Just remember the very first e-ink reader Sony Librié. Incompatible with ANYTHING. You couldn't even load your own texts. Only texts purchased from Sony Ebookstore Japan. And those expired after 90 days. That was too much even for Japanese buyers and Sony Librié was very soon discontinued.

There are hundreds of other examples.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote