View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #46
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by isotherm View Post
On my Kindle 2, you can edit the default left/right margins. You don't even need to install any packages or jailbreak! I don't know if this will work for Kindle 3 or not, as I don't have one. But for earlier versions, hook the Kindle up to your computer and open the following file with your favorite text editor (e.g. notepad):
Code:
\system\com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader\reader.pref
You will see a line like the following:
Code:
HORIZONTAL_MARGIN=20
The default is 20 pixels (on each side). Change it as you desire; 0 does work if that is what you want. Once you have changed it, save the file, eject your Kindle, and restart it using the menu (Menu > Settings, Menu > Restart). Your margins should now have changed.
I've added this to the wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind..._Change_Margin
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote