View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Meh. I'm underwhelmed. Despite just buying the 505, I would have considered upgrading if Sony's new offering really blew the 505 out of the water.

At $100 more than the 505 for touchscreen functionality and some improved features (like search, which is pretty irrelevant to me), and without any wireless connectivity, I can't really say I think it's worth it. As for the integrated "frontlight", it would be nice if the 505 had it, but with the availability of the integrated cover/light, it's hard for me to justify the price.

And as I posted in the other thread, I've seen Plastic Logic's touchscreen "swiping" motion and I wasn't impressed. I hope that Sony has improved upon it, at least.

But at least it looks like we are getting a revamped bookstore, so that's a major plus!
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote