View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
For us on the fence over a Kindle...what would it take...

to get me to order a Kindle tomorrow?
  • I would love to see a LIFETIME warranty for the device itself. If it ever stops working they will repair/replace it for life. This includes free firmware updates for as long as I use the device. One proviso would be the requirement to order at least a couple books annually.
  • Significantly discounted price to upgrade to future generation devices similar to software upgrades. The discount could be based on how many generations have passed since your device was originally purchased. Say, free for under 30-days, $50 for 6-12 mos., $75 for 1-2 yrs....etc...those numbers are simply for example.
  • No charges EVER for book downloads and if EVDO becomes a thing of the past free online downloads for as long as I own the device w/o forcing a device upgrade.

I am not trying to be cavalier or demanding as a buyer but those are my concerns over a device costing $400 for content that has history or failure in very grand fashions...if Amazon is confident in the direction they are moving then the promise/guarantee of lifetime functionality and compatibility is a small concession on their part. They are in the business of selling CONTENT not hardware after all...and the Kindle is simply a vertical market content manager/presentation device...heck, send me ads now and then if you want to reduce the cost of the device but we would need to be able to lock them out at times.

But those things would cause me to order no questions asked tomorrow...

I know something like that will NEVER happen and is pretty unrealistic, but it's my take on any of these devices dedicated to just reading books.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote