View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Well you can try the Kindle for 30 days and if you don't like it for any reason you can return it at no charge.

I am not swayed by the the argument that the Sony or B&N have more open formats, we saw just over a week ago a firmware update for the K2 and now it can natively support pdfs, I suspect that if Amazon decided to support ePub going forward that it could simply update it's firmware again. Frankly, I find the supposition that the ePub format is somehow "more open" is silly, considering most ePub files for sale are DRMed. Mobi files are quite open too, when they don't have any DRM. Until the publishing industry rids itself of the shadow of DRM I think that the whole question of openness is a moot point.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote