Thread: OPF & guide
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #29
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Doesn't mean you can't keep an internal pointer to the file and output it in the generated OPF.
There is no "file". It's content is read, parsed and copied to an internal buffer along with the other OPS documents. Nothing of the original document remains.

But I did notice you completely ignored suggestions for a dialog that lets the user specify what is the cover image. The world is larger than calibre, too. A lot of epubs, if not the vast majority, will not have the guide element.

So let's make a deal: you make a dialog for specifying what is the cover image in the book in calibre, and I'll add WYSIWYG actions for specifying what is a cover page in Sigil (which will generate the guide element on export). Deal?

I think this works in the user's favor, no matter what the application.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote