View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #24
phunnylinguist
Enthusiast
phunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I realize this is a reply to a 3-year old post, but I had no luck with the app.

Running OS X Mavericks on a mid-2010 Macbook Pro, which has Python already installed on it.

On attempting to open the unzipped app file I got the following message:
"DRM Check 1.0.1app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the trash.

I also have a Windows 7 machine I tried both files on but as I'm less than a rank novice at programming language I got discouraged when running the DRM check py a command window both opened and disappeared, and quickly, which was why I figured I'd try it out on my Mac.

Have also tried numerous web searches for a way or ways to detect or check for DRM in epubs/ebooks with zilch results. There are boo coo hits on the *removal* of it (DRM) but that's not what I'm looking for (that's what Apprentice Alf is for, right?).

Sorry to be a pest oh Ghost Mouse, but have you any other suggestions for how best to check/detect for DRM in pubs?
phunnylinguist is offline   Reply With Quote