View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #22
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Jon: that sounds a bit more technical than either Mom or I would be comfortable with - she has problems with Calibre, much less downloading and installing some software.

Edward_R, Mom has tried the hard reboot numerous times, to no avail. Really, the only thing left to try is a factory reset. When I get it, I'll check and see whether it has the most current version of the firmware, too - my bet is she hasn't updated it, well, ever (she never turns on the wifi so she wouldn't have it force-sent to her unit.).

I will check the indexing; that's a good suggestion.

Once I get the kindle in my hot little hands, if none of the above work, I'll call Kindle customer service, see if they have any suggestions beyond the obvious.

Fortunately, I've got my old K3 I can send her if it does indeed turn out hers is fatally dead. And, if worse comes to worst, I'll get her a basic kindle (because I can use Calibre to set up collections on that) and send that to her.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote