View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
@Daffy- yes for Collections the Author is best being set to the Editor of the book, but for "Anthology" leave as the author.

The way I've being doing it is like the above posts.

Have a custom column, with the type of book, novel, magazine, collection, Anthology
I use this as the definition:
Collection being a collection from more than one author
Anthology being a collection from the same author
etc

Then listing the individual stories in the book details

Getting the list, either search the book on google for a nice txt list, or open the book and get the list if its in txt. If its in the book as a contents, just screen grab it and past the image into a program that will convert image to txt, I use onenote.

Past the list into book comments, select and format as numbered.

Good idea to also have an excel list of these type of authors, to easily see if you have the story as a standalone novella as well as in a collection.

Searching can be set to include comments, so the stories show up.

Thats just the way I'm doing it now, open to any other way that works too though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	83849  

Last edited by transmitthis; 03-13-2012 at 07:42 AM.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote