View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #1178
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
The PRS-600 uses a different touch technology which adds a translucent layer over the e-ink screen.

As far as I'm aware, the PRS-x50 series (that includes the PRS-950) all use IR-based touchscreen technology same as the one used in current model e-ink readers. I have a PRS-350 and it's highly responsive. It's even more responsive compared to my LCD devices (iPhone, Android smartphones, TouchPad, etc) with capacitive display.
The Wiki http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Reader only mentions IR for Sony 650 and 350, not for the 950.
Back then, I guess I was misled by the stylus. I had expected something in the line of WACOM.
If it's really IR, it would have been highly interesting.
Question to me: Where's the improvement in the new T1 then? Is it just the price? About half the price of the former units...
The Wiki calls the display of T1 "Dual Touch IR", whereas the other Sony readers only are called "IR"?!

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-05-2012 at 03:50 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote