View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
What happened? No more Drm'ed epubs or mobis? Does anyone know? Maybe it's been discussed here but I didn't find it with a search.
Yes, fictionwise have dropped any DRMed format except eReader. Books already bought in a different format can still be downloaded from your bookshelf, but who knows how long that will last.

I have all my books safely downloaded, dedrmed and backed up. I also took the time to download all my multiformat ebooks in ePub format, which seems the best one for future conversions, a well as in Mobipocket, which is currently my format of choice.

The 50% sale is great — if there was anything on Fictionwise I wanted to buy.
Although I offer these multiformat suggestions from books that I've already bought:

Anything by Lawrence Watt-Evans, but especially the Ethshar series. "The Misenchanted Sword" is wonderful.

Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang. A splendid collection of SF and Fantasy short stories.

Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series. Classic fantasy.

The Dragon Man by Brian Stableford. Very good SF.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote