View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
HardBall
HardBall began at the beginning.

Device: nook, entourage edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
I agree the Adam Ink promises to be a wonderful device; I've no idea if it's coming soon though.

I haven't used any of these devices so I can't comment specifically. But, I'm curious why you aren't considering a netbook or tablet/netbook as I see you aren't requiring e-ink, yet are wanting added functionality?
r

Ah, I'm looking primarily for a e-ink device since that's what I would feel the best on reading professional journals and academic articles for extended periods of time. I would go for a LCD tablet if the options on the e-ink side are not good. But I also would need some minimal ability to access the web and some multimedia capability, since I don't want to have to bring this and my laptop with me all day at the same time.

For me a netbook just duplicates too much functionality with my regular laptop, which is actually not that hefty (slightly above 5 lb). And I would like some ability to annotate the texts I'm reading at the minimum; the ability to take notes and journal would be nice extras.

Both Adam and Edge would functionally be perfect. But one seems to not have any ETA at the moment; while the other is very heavy for a reader, and doesn't have android market access. So I'm sort of caught in between. Ipad and the nooks are just backups in case neither one works out.
HardBall is offline   Reply With Quote