View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Kovid, you are like a machine over there man!! You are doing everything that Sony should be doing. You rock. So will this view show us exactly what the file will look like on the Reader? Or is it just a viewer for .lrf files.

The reason I ask is that it is time consuming to make a book then load it onto the Reader, only to find out the spacing is wrong or something. It would be cool if I could just check it in the viewer first...
That was one of the primary reasons I made the viewer. As I hated having to load books on the reader or boot windows to see the end result of a conversion. However, the rendering is not going to be exactly the same as SONY's reader, primarily because my reader supports hyphenation. You can turn it off with the --disable-hyphenation command-line option.

Another point off difference is that my reader uses different default fonts (the liberation family) as these have real italic and bold typefaces and support a far larger range of unicode characters. But their size characteristics are very similar to the Reader's default fonts, so it should not make much difference.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote