View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #19
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I suspect WiFi is a huge drain. Maybe if Amazon gets enough complaints to that effect they will give us a quicker and easier way to toggle it on/off.
I wonder if usage is as effective as it should be.
For example, one thing I noticed is that my device seems to constantly sync. I am not sure when exactly it decides to sync, but I have played around with it - and if I highlight something, within a couple of minutes it is sync'd with the cloud. I am assuming that means that the connection is activated every time I take some sort of action. Or, at least, very often.

Does that really need to be the case?
Or, would it really hurt, to let us choose to turn some 'auto-sync' off? Like to sync only when you ask it to 'sync and check for content'?

My SONY devices never did sync so often. And wifi/3g did not seem to affect battery life as much. Just a thought....
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote