View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #176
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Do you like it in pink? Does it look as nice as the 505? You said in one of your prior posts that there was a part of the 300 that was made of plastic. Do you mean the buttons, or is it a part of the frame ? I cannot see it properly on the official sony pics.
The plastic is part of the frame. I didn't see it on the official pics as well.
When in side view, the entire side (about 3.5mm) is plastic, which surrounds top, bottom and right side of the reader.
Because of that plastic, it's a little bit less appealing than Sony 505.
And the build quality seems a bit below Sony 505 as well.
The 4 buttons on the bottom (Home, bookmark, ....) are of slightly different height. The left one more or less is even to the surface of the unit, the other 3 are about 0.3mm "sticking" out of the surface. 0.3mm doesn't sound much, but of course you easily can feel it in your fingertips, when resting on the buttons.
But it's still one of the more appealing units.
I'd clearly rank it before BeBook, about even with Cybook Gen3. But...a (very small) step backwards.
It's a nice pink, more in the shades of purble/violet. Darker than I'd expected. Nice. And not distracting at all.
I'll try to make some pictures of the plastic frame.
UPDATE: Pic of the "plastic frame" attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07039.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	897.6 KB
ID:	35425  

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-04-2009 at 05:41 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote