View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Cover Image Display

I usually use the fb2 format for my books, but thought I'd give ePub a go. I've installed calibre and used it to convert a couple of .lit books to ePub. Text/content wise everything looks fine, but the first page is missing the cover.

I've tried converting using both the default cover that came with the .lit as well as an alternative downloaded via calibre, neither will display when opening in FBReader in OI. (Also cool reader doesn't open any of the epub books, screen flashes a few times then goes back to the bookshelf, not sure if CR supports epub though?)

If I view the lit or epub files in calibre, the covers do display. So I'm not sure if this is a problem with calibre creating an epub file that OI doesn't like, a bug in OI, or just me doing something stupid?

Any help appreciated.