View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #597
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Jailbreaking the PW V2

Well, looks like bad news...
I just got the latest Paperwhite (V2) which comes with firmware version 5.4.0.
I sideloaded the 5.3.1 update file to prepare for jailbreaking but "Update Your Kindle" is grayed out so I can't install it.
[Added Later]
Here's a question... what do you think would happen if I tried to copy over a saved image file from my PW v1 to the new v2 (using dd protocol)? Any chance it would brick it? I am trying not to attempt this just because I can.
[Added Later Still]
Got a message from ixtab saying don't do it... brick-alert! Just passing this on folks.

Last edited by nypaulie; 10-03-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: couldn't help myself
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote