View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #1560
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@crashnburn - if you read the description of the iOS reader applications plugin, you will learn that it has in fact been designed to be a general framework for multiple iOS readers.

Supporting a particular reader application is very much a cooperative effort which must be initiated by the reader application's developer. I have posted a detailed description of what's required of the application on the iOS side, and made available the calibre side of the Marvin driver as open source. You can find all of that at the GitHub repository.

I would encourage you to contact the developers of the reader applications you'd like to see added, and suggest to them that they consider adding the functionality to their apps.

G
GRiker - Gotcha! But, since that thread was closed I'll share some thoughts here.

I will connect with GoodReader folks as such. But, in the meantime assuming until they find the time or feel like doing it.

What could I do on my own as a community member to build some kind of add-on to your framework for GoodReader?

Would it be possible to patch together and have some minimal functions working without getting co-op from them?