View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #97
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm very curious about this.

I now have two front-lit e-ink devices (Kindlewhite and Kobok Glo) and I'm so happy with the technology, that I don't see myself ever buying another e-ink reader that does NOT have this as part of the built-in technology. My thinking is: It can only get better.
Same. I wouldn't buy an ereader without this function anymore. If the Touch was not updated to include the paperwhite functions, and the paperwhite didn't have a light (so it would be a "New Touch"), then I wouldn't have upgraded to the paperwhite. I'd now have a Glo.

I got so used to read using the light, that I find a lightless e-reader annoying. Hell, I'm even starting to find books annoying as I actually need to move to a place with enough light (And the ereader has a better "print" than most paperbacks.)

Non-lighted readers will eventually go extinct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
Well, I am a Nook kind of guy. The PaperWhite is really nice, I just can't believe they chose that name for it since it's so close to "paperweight".
"Nook" is not the best of names either, as it's very close to the slang word that starts the same, and ends on "ie"

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-31-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote