Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #41
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Might not help your GF, but my problem turned out to be the external SD card, I removed it and battery life improved dramatically. Still investigating whether it is the card itself or the Glo at fault.

Edit: I wonder if it is possible to tell from the time it takes to charge whether there is a battery problem? I.e. an abnormally long or short charge time might indicate a dud battery, normal charge time but short battery life might mean battery OK but a problem with the device using too much power. I don't know what the normal charge time is though. Mine takes about 2.5 hours from fully drained to fully charged.
Could be a dud file on the SD card, the device could be going into overdrive trying to process it, when it can't it just keeps trying.
stethorn is offline   Reply With Quote