View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmanpi View Post
Here's where I stand. I've copied the entire Calibre library folder from my laptop to an external hard drive. I assume my next step is to install a new copy of Calibre on the desktop computer on which I want to use the copied library. My question: Since the new installation of Calibre will create it's own library folder, how do I get Calibre to find the old library folder on the external hard drive
A new Calibre installation will ask you the first time it is run where the library should be. If you point it at the just copied library folder it will pick it up.

Alternatively you can use the Calibre function to switch libraries to pick it up at a later date.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote