View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #377
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Plugin: GUI to manage tags, merge & consolidate

Hi,

I am trying -- yet again -- to consolidate my zillion tags. I really wish there was a graphical way to do this, a graphical tag manager.

Just like Lightroom assigns keywords to pictures: First assign a tag (target tag) to a spray-can. The cursor turns into a spray-can and from now on every tag that you click on, is renamed into the target tag (shift or alt-click takes the action back).

One could just pick up a tag from a small list of desired tags, mark other tags that should be merged, this is a very fast process. Existing tags can end up in multiple target tags.

I guess it is important that this "merge" is not committed before all is done, thus one would have to collect all mappings first and keep that intermediate state even between sessions and commit when the user is ready to map.

This would be great for all of us who dream of having a consolidated, cleaned-up, rather brief tag-list.

Thanxx for reading this, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote