View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Agreed, Google is pushing the cloud. So is Amazon and Apple. If you don't like Google's products you don't have to buy them.
My man, don't you realize that is the whole thrust of this thread.

People don't like the Google Nexus 8GB tablet and they aren't buying them, so they are already following your advice.

I imagine that somewhere technicians are sucking the solder off the 8GB chip mounting and pulling them out and putting in 16GB chips.

Does anyone remember Google's Chrome notebooks.
Over on Amazon Samsung starts about $400 for a new one with 16GB Solid State Drive and WiFi.
A new 3G model is about $550 also with a 16GB drive.

16GB seems popular, but you also get (at least on the 5 550 3G model) this I/O

2 standard USB 2.0 ports
DisplayPort video output
4-in-1 memory card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
Microphone and headphone jacks
1-megapixel webcam

Personally I think the "cloud" tail (guy) wagged the whole dog (Nexus development) and is really talking very fast right now.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote