View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanix View Post
calbire doesn't seem send the series number (e.g. Foundation trilogy [1]) or PRS-T1 ignores/doesn't use it. I guess the only way to get proper series order is renaming the titles to "Foundation trilogy #1: Foundation"?
There's no need to compromise your nice, clean Calibre metadata to achieve this. Calibre can be made to do what you want, but it may not be immediately obvious. Here's an overview of what's available:
  • You can automatically create Collections using the Calibre Series metadata. The books in each series Collection should by default end up in series_index order. If you want to let Calibre manage your Collections you will not be able to manually manage them yourself at the Sony end.
  • If you don't want a new Collection for each Series you can still get books in a Collection sorted in any order you want by setting up a new custom column in Calibre (based on each book's metadata) to define the sort sequence you want. As an example of what I mean, this is mine.
    Code:
    {author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s} - {title}
  • The above will sort the books how you want but the Series info is not "visible" on the Sony at this point. To actually "see" the series/index you need to explore Calibre's Metadata Plugboard feature. In a nutshell, it allows you to manipulate each book's Author and/or Title as it is copied to the Sony. So you could change the plain 'Title' of any book to 'Series_name - Series_index - Title'. My own preference is to change the 'Author' name on the Sony to 'Author (LN, FN) - Series_name - Series_index'. Either option (and many more) is easily possible.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote