View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I've had two other eBook readers in the past 8 years but I like the eb1150 best. I find it easier to read than the others. The screen is a good size, I find back-lighting easier to read than eInk, and the controls are easier to use than the other units. It can search through a text, highlight passages, bookmark pages and allow you to enter notes directly into pages or create a new, blank page for notes--something that neither of the others I've used could do. (It uses a touch-screen to make selections, so there's your highlighting and note-taking.)

I found the 64 mb memory card adequate. The eBookwise site sells DRMed books (if you like fantasy, eBookwise has both of the first two volumes in George R.R. Martin's epic Song of Ice and Fire for $4.74) and has a fair selection of new books at prices similar to other sites, but most new, best-sellers cost more than the Kindle's $9.99. You can get an interesting selection of eBooks in Multiformat, which includes the IMP files used by the eb1150 at the Fictionwise site.

Well, it's a great device.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote