View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waba View Post
Mangle[d] images LOOK great... But there is no way to navigate pages in Kindle 3 image viewer... Utterly frustrating.
Not sure what you mean - navigation is just like turning ebook pages. You do need to have the image filenames reflect the desired sequence, and create subfolder under /pictures to hold them all. Mangle (and I assume Canti) does the appropriate file naming for you.

Another option is to wrap the image files in a PDF. Then you can use bookmarks, zoom, contrast adjustment on K3, see page numbers, etc. Full screen PDF display is slightly smaller (because of the reading progress area at the bottom and I think some built in margins), so ideally you would make images slightly smaller than 800x600 to avoid any rescaling distortion on a 6" screen. I am planning to figure out the exact image dimensions that will avoid any rescaling in full-page PDF viewing, but haven't gotten around to it yet. But even 800x600 images look pretty good when they're inside a PDF, the rescaling is minimal. Of course for DX you'll want to retain more resolution.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-18-2010 at 11:26 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote