View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #28
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
I have to admit I kind of dropped this on the floor after my initial flurry. Thanks for the additional work, pdurrant.

One of the things that has always been a little irritating about Mobipocket (compared with ePub) is that it hard-codes file offsets in links, making it problematic to fix errors in an eBook if you don't have good tools. It's clearly seen as a display format (like PostScript) rather than a source format.

Thankfully, ePub is a lot more sane.
Without your initial work, I couldn't have done anything. Tweaking python — fine, I can do that. Writing this from scratch? No way...

I think that mobiunpack now allows unpacking, editing and re-packing (with KindleGen) without any problems. If anyone does come across any problems doing this, I'd love to hear about them so that they can be fixed.

What's nice with ePub is that (with careful choice of attributes in the opf file), it's possible to create a valid ePub and use the ePub source folder to create a well-formed Mobipocket ebook using KindleGen.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote