View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 03:13 PM   #31
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thank you!
I've got some progress. Not a win yet, but at least a few new errors xD

So I ditched all Qualcomm drivers and installed Zadig's WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385), after fresh edl boot. Rebooted again to edl. "python edl.py --loader=QC_SDM636.bin --memory=eMMC rl dumps --skip=userdata --genxml" now outputs (I hid the sensitive device info):
Code:
python edl.py --loader=QC_SDM636.bin --memory=eMMC rl dumps --skip=userdata --genxml
Qualcomm Sahara / Firehose Client V3.52 (c) B.Kerler 2018-2021.
main - Using loader QC_SDM636.bin ...
main - Waiting for the device
main - Device detected :)
main - Mode detected: sahara
Device is in EDL mode .. continuing.
sahara -
------------------------
HWID:              ...
CPU detected:      "SDM636"
PK_HASH:           ...
Serial:            ...

sahara - Uploading loader QC_SDM636.bin ...
Successfully uploaded programmer :)
firehose - Nop succeeded.
firehose - Chip serial num: 0 (0x0)
firehose -
firehose_client - Target detected: SDM636
firehose - TargetName=MSM8996
firehose - MemoryName=eMMC
firehose - Version=1
firehose_client - Supported functions:
-----------------
configure,program,firmwarewrite,patch,setbootablestoragedrive,ufs,emmc,power,benchmark,read,getstorageinfo,getcrc16digest,getsha256digest,erase,peek,poke,nop,xml
Wrote partition xml as rawprogram0.xml
firehose_client - Dumping partition xbl with sector count 7168 as dumps\xbl.bin.
firehose -
Reading from physical partition 0, sector 131072, sectors 7168
Progress: |--------------------------------------------------| 0.0% CompleteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\merge\Documents\!KonTiki2\1 Update\edl\edl.py", line 358, in <module>
    base.run()
  File "C:\Users\merge\Documents\!KonTiki2\1 Update\edl\edl.py", line 340, in run
    fh.handle_firehose(cmd, options)
  File "C:\Users\merge\Documents\!KonTiki2\1 Update\edl\edl\Library\firehose_client.py", line 308, in handle_firehose
    if self.firehose.cmd_read(lun, partition.sector, partition.sectors, filename):
  File "C:\Users\merge\Documents\!KonTiki2\1 Update\edl\edl\Library\firehose.py", line 610, in cmd_read
    show_progress("Read", total - bytestoread, total, display)
  File "C:\Users\merge\Documents\!KonTiki2\1 Update\edl\edl\Library\firehose.py", line 174, in show_progress
    throughput=(((datasize)/(tdiff)))
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
Looks like it has problems with calculating the partitions sizes.
Without "--memory=eMMC", LIB complained that GetStorageInfo function is not supported, but I can't reproduce it anymore O_o
I'll try edl.py with debug mode.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote