View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I too have made a couple of forays to the darknet, for books I haven't been able to get elsewhere. Just this week I added The Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters, #5 in the Amelia Peabody series. I just discovered this series and have been enjoying it greatly -- I bought all the volumes available at Fictionwise -- when I realized after finishing book 4 that I couldn't get book 5. I tried every online bookstore to no avail, so a quick trip to the darknet got me a (beautifully formatted and relatively error free) .lit copy. At the same site, they had *all* of Elizabeth Peters books available, but I wasn't tempted to buy anything I could actually buy. Her books are certainly giving me enough enjoyment that she deserves to be paid for them.

However, when I get to #9 which also isn't available to purchase I'll be back at the darknet. I'm frankly puzzled why they would release #1-4, #6-8, #10-20 without releasing 5 and 9.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote