View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
eReader quality going down?

In late January, I bought the 5th book in a series (2 weeks after the paper and Kindle edition were available, but that's another post). I own the previous 4 in eReader format.

This 5th book is missing ALL quotation marks, all accented characters are deleted, and paragraphs and words are smushed together at what was probably the line break in the print edition. This makes the book basically unreadable -- I had to stop after 2 chapters because dialogue is impossible to follow.

2 other books I bought on the same order also have similar quality control issues, although not as severe, so I was able to read them. 2 other ones are fine, but they are older books, not new releases. So I'm 3/5 for QC problems on just one order.

I opened a support ticket on 2/3, with no response from Fictionwise/eReader.com

Is anyone else having similar eReader QC issues? Books I've downloaded before this order are still fine, so I don't think it is a problem with my setup (eReader 3.0.0fp on a Treo 680)

Bree
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote