View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Except Manybooks is offline and has been so for the past two or three days.
It wasn't when I made my post...

Quote:
Does anyone know what's up?
The last time this happened, it was what appeared to be a DOS attack. The server was up and running, but unable to respond to requests. Neither the site owner nor I could think of a good reason why anyone would go after the site. Certainly no one claimed responsibilty or made demands. I thought perhaps someone had made a typo in the IP address they fed to a botnet, and Manybooks got slammed by mistake.

I have a query out to the site owner, and we'll see.
______
[b]Dennis[/i]
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote