View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Kindle Fire Update Adds Battery % Meter and Breaks Wallpapers on Alt Launchers

Bad move Amazon. The Fire is a great media tablet, if it's allowed to use an alternative launcher without jail breaking. The Fire's biggest problem is it's abysmal interface! The carousel sucks big time. Where is folder organization?

I love the Fire HD 8.9 because of its low price, and the ability to customize the interface via ADW Launcher and sideload apps missing from your store; in spite of your lockdown. Continue to break this ability and you'll find me moving to another 9-10" device.
The implication of your post is that Amazon did something deliberately to break support for wallpapers on alternative launchers. Do you seriously believe that?

What is more likely is that Amazon fixed some internal bugs and accidentally broke wallpaper support for an application that Amazon does not formally support and has never claimed ever worked on the Fire.

This "Amazon keep preventing me from using the device in a manner that you never intended and I'll go to another device that will!" mindset reminds me of the guy who used a Sears Craftsman push mower as a hedge trimmer.

Last edited by WillysJeepMan; 06-09-2013 at 09:54 AM.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote