View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #107
Matthew Standley
Matthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toysMatthew Standley shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l / Kindle Paperwhite (using Japanese/English)
Addition to post #105

It seems that if only one book is added at a time, the chance of causing a (disappearing books) problem is reduced. However, it also seems that certain books cause the problem, too. I can not identify why.

Example:

(Add 1 book)
Add 1 book, it appears as "on device", eject device and check, Kindle screen shows 1 book more than before. OK
(Add 2 books)
Add 1 book, it appears as "on device", repeat, eject device and check, Kindle screen shows 2 books more than before. OK
(Add 3 books)
** Add 1 book, it appears as "on device", repeat, repeat, eject device and check, Kindle screen shows "My Items = zero".

Deleting those final 3, one at a time, did not fix the problem, until I deleted the final one of the offending 3.

Then noting what the 3rd book was, I added that alone. Problem occurred again. So, skipping this book, I added the other 2, as above. Those 2 books appeared on the Kindle screen.

For the time being, I will do this: Add 1 book, eject device, check Kindle screen, if good, next book, and if bad, remove that book and leave it on the PC.

Sorry if I have missed a point that someone has made that explains or fixes this.
I wish I could explain it more clearly in fewer words.

Still impressed with what Calibre can do for me.
Matthew Standley is offline   Reply With Quote