View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #39
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I think I'll read "The Other," by Thomas Tryon, a book which I've been meaning to read for 30-some years. (Availabe as an ebook where better ebooks are sold. )

Here's one review to whet your appetite:

“If you’re looking for a good scary book to enjoy this Halloween, here is a suggestion: The Other by Thomas Tryon. The 1971 horror classic is a tale of a seemingly bucolic farmhouse in a small Connecticut town in the 1930s. There are no vampires in the story, no ghosts, no swamp monsters or ghouls or zombies or witches. There are two little boys, twins Niles and Holland, the picture of innocence. Or so it seems. The story is told in the voice of one of the boys, now older and a resident of a sanitarium. Insanity, it seems, is a family inheritance, and insanity is at the core of the chilling story that slowly unfolds and culminates in some horrifying deaths.
– Advocate (Baton Rouge)

I collect him in hardback. His novel "Harvest Home" is incredible, but not yet available as an ebook.

I have a strong desire to fondle my First edition Thomas Tryon titles, but unfortunately they're all in storage in the U.S., currently in a climate-controlled storage.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-06-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote