View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #36
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Old (Joe Friday type) DOS guy here:
Just give me the facts . If I had to press a Key to launch a cover viewer, that would have been fine.
Calibre rocks in what it does.
Fully agree that calibre rocks. I'm a spoiled Mac guy spoiled by Apple for other OSs and types of interfaces, but calibre's UI doesn't bother me at all. Once I learned it I liked it. I don't need prettier icons, rounded corners, easier or simpler toolbars, or anything else mentioned in this thread except functionality. There are a few functional changes I'd like to see but I haven't bothered to make change requests so won't mention specifics here, plus I'm holding off hoping I'll have time to learn enough Python within some months to a year, and then practice some of that on calibre instead of asking for functional changes.

If a spoiled Mac person can live with the UI as is, and like it, anyone can….
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote