View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I loved Enders Game and went no further with that series. Maybe the other books are good but I thought that book ended perfectly and I didn't feel the need to go further.

I read the Alvin Maker books but although I found them readable, I don't think they impressed me enough to rave about them.

I didn't really feel like Mormonism came out in any of those books. Although admittedly I have no real background in the Mormon religion.

However, I did read The Lost Boys which used a Mormon family and community as characters/setting. I didn't find the constant Mormon references too stifling although they were pervasive.

In any case, I sometimes enjoy experiencing a story through the eyes (and beliefs) of people quite dissimilar to myself.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote