View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
Does any other company make an amber nighttime light e-reader? That's the only thing I like about the Nook, and the reason I bought it.

But gosh golly, this is lousy software.
Yeah, the current software ain't what she used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You could check the Kobo Clara HD. It has the variable colour temperature light... Kobo's firmware is better in many aspects including the ability to customize the reading experience...
I'll second the Kobo Clara HD recommendation. It's like the Glowlight 3, but without the page turn buttons. But Kobo's software is better than Nook's, especially if you sideload books with Calibre.

I will say I enjoy the in-book reading experience on the Nook a little more than I do on Kobo (Nook seems to be slightly better at layout and hyphenation), but I still read on both and often miss the Kobo software pluses when doing anything other than reading on my Nook.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote