View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #54
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
I am just starting "The Lodger Shakespeare: His Life on Silver Street" by Charles Nicholl. It describes what he was doing around the year 1612, when he was working on "Measure For Measure" and "King Lear".

It's quite good so far.

Now that I'm midway into it, I see it is more about the doings of Shakespeare's landlady Lots of detail about everyday live and high fashion in early Jacobean London. Still interesting enough, if only for being amazed about the number of references Nicholl can find in Elizabethan and Jacobean drama to female headresses.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote