View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLM View Post
Feel like a complete newbie leaching off you guys, but here goes again:

So, I got it all done, the folder (screensaver) was created, but when I put photos in it (pngs, b&w, 600*800) only the first one shows.
No idea, will leave that one for someone who knows.
Quote:
(Don't know if the Kindle screen actually burns in, but that would be a screen burner, rather than a screen saver.) Any ideas why this might be?
It does not "burn in".
The relective pixels are actually "flipped over" to change from black to white.
The "pixel state" is static, no power required, pull the battery and a month later the screen still is displaying whatever it was displaying.
Quote:
Other random details which may or may not be relevant:

A "RUNME.done" and a "RUNME.out" file also appeared in the root directory of the Kindle. There is no " /opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800_" folder with the original photos.

Thanks!
There may be a bit of misunderstanding at work here with the phrase "root directory" of the Kindle.

What you see from another machine connected via USB as the Kindle storage area is actually a sub-directory of the Kindle's "root directory" (/mnt/us).
I.E: only part of the file system tree is visible to the "normal" user unless some other type of access is in use (terminal over ssh, full file system export over OTG, etc.).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote