View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 06:14 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Inherent "Open With" feature error

A cursory search turned up nothing on this, so apologies if it's already been covered. Please note that this has to do with Calibre's built-in Open With feature and not the third-party plugin of the same name.

The gist is that I can't configure the Open With feature. As soon as I right-click on the ebook format in the Book Details, get the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 5.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:string argument without an encoding

calibre 5.3 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 668, in contextMenuEvent
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 310, in details_context_menu_event
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 251, in add_item_specific_entries
  File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 224, in add_format_entries
  File "calibre\gui2\open_with.py", line 349, in populate_menu
  File "calibre\gui2\open_with.py", line 62, in entry_to_icon_text
TypeError: string argument without an encoding
I'm fairly certain that something is hosed with a program I have configured to open epubs, but I can't get TO the Open With configuration to delete the configured entry. Bit of a catch-22.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote