View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 10:05 PM   #73
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Well, I like illuminated initial letters too.
Drop caps in any form are a total pain to have look good over a variety of devices. I worked on one ebook for an author who want to use images of illuminated letters for the first letter of each chapter. I sweated blood trying to make those suckers look good on multiple platforms given that most of the renderers he wanted to target did not under media queries and many of them had trouble understanding basic CSS. There was also the joy of learning how to wrap text around an L-shaped graphic. It was definitely a learning experience though of what I learned, the lesson that stuck was to run screaming the next time someone wanted those embellishments.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote