View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #35
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
In #31 I was accidentally misquoted. But since other posters have repeatedly made the mistaken implication that the OP internet-only opinion piece represents some kind of corporate position, I'll consider myself in good company in terms of having views misrepresented.

There seem to be two big main corporate hate objects on this board -- Big 6 publishers, and The New York Times. I don't agree with the dislike for the first, but at least I think I understand it. With the latter, except for what I would think are only a few people who may be against the Times because of political views outside the scope of what we discuss here, it mystifies me a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I would never read the NYT.
According to the side panel, you live in Mexico. This past week, wasn't the New York Times reporting on WalMart paying bribes, and then on bribery in Mexico in general, close to the number one story there? I would think there are two classes of Mexican papers, those that paid the New York Times for the right to translate their stories (Reforma?), and those that rewrote them.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 04-29-2012 at 08:24 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote