View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 11:51 PM   #62
spelmangrad
spelmangrad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Again, I appreciate the follow up. Confused about the "tone" of the response....unnecessarily snarky. But it could be my professional background that calls for one being cognizant of how things can be translated via electronic transport.

Yes - of course I downloaded the files. I was attempting to manipulate them to represent what I would want. I did not however, open them with Open Office Calc, because I was under the impression there were steps I could take with the tools that I had on hand.

Forgive me - but "encode" is not a word I use in my everyday vernacular. "Configure" and sometimes even "customize," but not encode. That said, I did try simply using your files, as I assumed it was me utilizing a process that was supposed to provide guidance on How to convert Excel to CSV and export Excel files to CSV UTF-8 format. Obviously, it is not working. I hate giving up on things, and I really believe that I can find value in your plugin, so I am going to try the OpenOffice Calc app now and see what happens.

Again, many thanks for your suggestions/recommendations and advice. I have nothing but respect for one willing to provide a simple "you messed up, you did it wrong, or try it this way," follow up. Always appreciated.

Regards,

SKW